I’m a senior-level SOC analyst, apparently. I do things with computers at work and in my spare time. I have a Bachelor’s degree with a ridiculously long name from Sheridan College in Canada (and yes, it’s a legitimate degree! 99% of programs at colleges in Canada gve a diploma, but this one is special).
There’s definitely more to me than that, though. This is all more or less true:
- I run an IRC network at unstable.systems. It currently doesn’t have a website. The MOTDs magically disappeared from the servers. I haven’t bothered to fix either of these issues. If you want to join, irc.unstable.systems:+7777 works. There’s also a hidden service running, DM me for the URL.
- I run a small-scale network at home. It’s nothing special, and it doesn’t require a lot of attention, but it’s something I work on occasionally.
- I watch TV. Some of it is anime. You may have noticed from my avatars on Twitter.
- I play video games sometimes. What kinds of video games? Video games.
- I don’t do it nearly enough, but I enjoy reading. It can be hard for me to get into books sometimes, but I’ve found John Scalzi, Neal Stephenson, and Neil Gaiman to get my attention pretty easily. I’m always open to suggestions!
- I listen to a fair amount of music. My music tastes are pretty varied (check out my Last.FM profile) but my top two bands/artists are Frank Turner and Enter Shikari.
- When I’m not working, I’m probably just using the bird website or the alien website. I should take a hint from myself a couple list items ago and pick up a book instead more often… I do have literal piles of books to get through!
If for some reason you need to get in touch with me, you can find me on Twitter. If for some ungodly reason you want to send me an email then you can find my PGP key on Keybase and email me. My email address is this website; if you’re confused, it’s in the same format as an SOA record.